On June 1, 2016, PULSE@MassChallenge officially opened with a crowd of more than 400 entrepreneurs, public officials, and executives gathered to celebrate the launch of the digital health startup program and space. MeHI has provided the seed funding and support to catalyze the establishment of this startup hub in close proximity to the medical innovation community in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area.
At the event, Governor Baker, Mayor Walsh, Senate President Rosenberg, and executives from the Massachusetts Competitive Partnership highlighted the importance of digital health innovation to the state’s economic development strategy. MeHI is the state’s entity for accelerating the competitiveness of this cluster through the Mass Digital Health Initiative, a public-private partnership built to meet that goal.
PULSE @ MassChallenge Launch Event in the News:
- Business leaders launch VC fund aimed at Mass. health IT firms Boston Globe
- An inside look at Massachusetts' digital health accelerator program Boston Business Journal
- Digital health lab looks to tap into growing industry Boston Herald
- Mass. Digital Health Initiative Unveils $26M Fund, Incubator Space Xconomy
- Digital health innovation hub debuts in Boston New Boston Post
- PULSE@Masschallenge Is Boston’s Newest Accelerator for Digital Health Startups MedTech Boston
Click the above image to view more photos on our Flickr page.