Baystate Health’s TechSpring is the proving ground for real world digital health solutions in Massachusetts. Founded in 2014, TechSpring provides startups with a place to connect with leading healthcare and technology experts, the opportunity to validate their ideas with existing health systems, and a forum for collaboration within the ecosystem.
TechSpring offers startups four programs, each suited to address specific needs:
- Insights: Participants receive valuable feedback from real world healthcare professionals and patients.
- Projects: Participants are connected with TechSpring’s innovation partners to expedite the validation of their healthcare solutions
- Analytics: Participants propose an innovative project and execute it as with full access to Baystate Health data.
- Interfaces: Participants work in collaboration with Cerner, Intersystems, and Dell to build the digital health IT infrastructure of tomorrow.
On June 13, 2017, TechSpring received a second round of funding from the Massachusetts Digital Health Initiative in order to further advance its mission as one of the state’s leading digital health innovation labs. The Commonwealth’s $80,000 grant for TechSpring will go to support for digital health start-ups, including mentoring, strategic partner matching, targeted education, co-working spaces, start-up accelerators, and other programming. It’s strategic partner in Boston, PULSE@ MassChallenge, received a similar grant for $170,000.
Since its founding, TechSpring has forged partnerships with leaders in the Massachusetts digital health ecosystem like NTT Data, Medicision, Imprivata, Intersystems, Cerner, Twinehealth, CarePort, Zato, Kordova, Firefly Lab, VertitechIT, and J2 Interactive.
Read the Profile Story on TechSpring's monthly event series called, 'Tap Into TechSpring' to learn more about how to get involved.
TechSpring in the News:
- Baystate's TechSpring aims to take ideas from lab to bedside; startups include games, remote 3-D dermatology MassLive
- Two state digital health innovation labs awarded $250,000 22News WWLP.com
- TechSpring Succeeds in Connecting Technology with Healthcare BusinessWest.com
- TechSpring, Baystate's Springfield innovation center, receives $80K from state for digital health advances MassLive
- Baystate Health's TechSpring taps InterSystems for interoperability Becker's Health IT & CIO Review